Outdoors Club – Nature Walk
Outdoors Club is an in-person guided nature walk in one of Portland’s many green spaces. Before your tutor-led experience, you’ll access fun online learning resources to prepare you and your child for an educational outdoors adventure.
Outdoors Club focuses on Science based topics including: Entomology, Ornithology, Biology, Ecology, Botany, and Geology. This program gives students access to online curriculum, and a walking tour of local parks and green spaces.
At the end of this program, your student will:
- Identify native and non-native Oregon insects and plants.
- Understand Bird and Bug identification Basics.
- Identify Oregon Tree Species
- Describe Ecological and Geographic features of northwest Oregon.
- Have an understanding of technologies that help us identify and track our natural environment.
Leading up to your outdoors experience, you’ll receive access to a ton of great nature based curriculum and resources.
- First, you and your student take an online pre test so your outdoors Tutor can understand your level of knowledge.
- Next, students gain access to fun online resources and curriculum so you’ll feel prepared for your adventure.
- Before heading outdoors, your Tutor will send you a video about the green space you’ll be exploring.
- The Nature Walk is a 90 minute tour of various parks guided by your Tutor. Experience the things you’ve learned about from your online resources.
- Last, the post test will celebrate all the new outdoors knowledge you and your student gained inspiring your next outdoors learning adventure.
Approximately 90 minutes long, this is a walking journey through Oregon’s green spaces. Your adventure will include take home goodies and a PDX Tutors Field Guide.
Children must be accompanied by one adult. Everyone participating will need to be able to walk 1-2 miles. If your student can’t physically participate in this activity please reach out for an altered plan.
Our free Sample Curriculum Guide will allow you and your student to explore a few of the activities you’ll experience when you join Outdoors Club.
Students admission is $50 and includes one parent/chaperone over 18 years old. Families pay $45 for each additional student. Add an additional parent or chaperone for $20.
Reach out to learn more – or sign up for Outdoors Club today!